As part of the Harry Potter and the rain city exhibition the David Lam Library and Canaccord Learning Commons is hosting a colloquium, moderated by Darren Dahl, in which five speakers discuss the impact and influence of the Harry Potter series on the city and people of Vancouver, as well as literacy, literature, and fan engagement.
Colloquium: Harry Potter, Brands of Magic
Oct. 29, 2015 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
9th Floor, Henry Angus Building
2053 West Mall, UBC Vancouver campus
This event will be live-tweeted via @ubclibrary.
Guests can share their tweets about the colloquium at #harrypotterubc
The 5 panelists include:
- Gisèle Baxter http://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/gmbaxter/
- Jamie Broadhurst http://www.raincoast.com
- Kevin McNeilly http://www.kevinmcneilly.ca
- Judith Saltman http://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/jsaltman/
- Phyllis Simon http://www.kidsbooks.ca/